[TenTec] Digital Speech Processing & Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Digital Speech Processing & Pegasus
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 19:04:12 -0500
As I continue my work on my own custom Pegasus control software, I have now
incorporated the ability to play .WAV files through the aux input. This will
allow me to use the computer as a digital voice keyer.

However, I think that I can take advantage of some sound processing software
on the computer to customize the .WAV file to give it more punch. Other than
doing some dynamic limiting to increase the average power, are there things
that can be done to increase the chances of standing out or at least being
heard in a pileup?  Is there a model of HF propagation that can be used to
experiment with the effects of various enahancements?

73,
Mark