[TenTec] Fw: [AQRP] Forwarded Re: Ten Tec Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: [AQRP] Forwarded Re: Ten Tec Question
From: K5ln@aol.com (K5ln@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:55:03 EST
Hi Glen,

Sorry, I first sent this to Stuart instead of the reflector.  Hopefully you
will get this one.

My Corsair exhibited the same symptom, especially when I switched to 10
meters.

I was able to fix this by removing the bottom cover and using a quality
contact cleaner to spray the wafer switch contacts on the Band Switch shaft.
I sprayed each wafer switch on both sides and then rotated the band knob back
and forth a few times.  I was not sure which section was causing the problem
so I repeated this for each wafer switch.  After using a good cleaner I used
a quality contact lubricant and sprayed as much of the wafers as I could.  As
you know or will find out, the wafer switches are covered and difficult to
access.  But there are holes in the covers that will allow you to get the
spray in to the contacts.  Just spray it in the holes and rotate the knob.

I recommend you try this before diving into the rig.

Good luck,
Bill, K5LN