[TenTec] Update - Hercules low output / groan

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Update - Hercules low output / groan
From: ve7asr@telus.net (Rick Williams)
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 14:13:17 -0800
With help from many -  and especially Carl (N4PY) I have resolved my
Hercules problem.  Funny thing, it wasn't the Herc at all.  The problem was
Q13 on the control board of the Omni V.  I replaced the 2N2222 and
resoldered everything in the vicinity of the TX Out circuitry and all is
well.  With Q13 not behaving correctly it wasn't pulling the Hercules relay
adequately - hence the groan/buzzing  noise.

Thanks to all who responded.

73,
Rick
VE7ASR