[TenTec] Scout instability-was Orion direction

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout instability-was Orion direction
From: N4LQ@igLou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 19:29:37 -0000
Tell me how an external keyer stops the Scout from Jumping frequency?

I thought the manual said that when operating higher speed cw that you were
supposed to stop, pause and give it a chance to recover, cool off or
whatever, which is a rather strange thing to be doing during a qso. I must
admit though: It's a one-of-a-kind-rig.
I worked on one for a guy once. I liked the sound of the receiver and the
QSK was very smooth. I would probably have one in my car now if it weren't
for the jumping problem they all have. And yes, any rig that jumps
frequency,for any reason in 2002 does indeed have a problem regardless what
the manual says.
Did they quite making them for some reason?
Steve
N4LQ