[TenTec] Re: Scout instability, revisionism, please stop

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Scout instability, revisionism, please stop
From: bstephens1@mindspring.com (robert k stephens)
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2002 22:32:42 -0500
Wow

Well I'm really getting an education here. That's a good thing I think. As
I've said earlier, at first my Scout worked fine . My friends listening to
me told me the CW and SSB on my transmitted signal sounded fine  and quite
stable and then the signal began to deteriorate. I have sent the rig to Ten
Tec and I'm hoping the factory will fix this and send me back an fine
little rig that gets the good reports  that it got when I first had it,
but I'm starting to get the impression that the Scout is a rather delicate
tempermental beast that needs lots of tweaking to work properly. It would
seem that folks who bought a "good Scout" are very happy with it but it
also seems like a fair amount of lemons also rolled off the assembly line.
73
Bob KB1CIW