[TenTec] Orion, the direction? - was Scout instability

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion, the direction? - was Scout instability
From: bstephens1@mindspring.com (robert k stephens)
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 09:36:55 -0500
I guess I'm the one who accidentally de-railed the first discussion so for
what it's worth here's my opinion.

Question 3: I have encountered several folks (not on this list) who have
the opinion that Ten Tec comes up with interesting designs that are
marketed too soon before the bugs are worked out and then the product is
built too lightly and is not as reliable as the competition.

    *Whether or not any of this is true is not that important.*

 Ten Tec needs to change the reputation. Even if it costs a bit more and
even if it doesn't go into production until 2003 I hope Ten Tec takes pains
to make the Orion not only interesting from a design point of view but also
very reliable and without glitches. Even if that increases the cost . The
repution(even if not deserved) needs to be improved.

A no front panel option ? How about a simple front panel option so that the
rig could at least be operated when the computer is not working or when in
portable no computer operation ?

I am not a serious enough operator to know what options should be include
but I hope someone rsponds to questions 1 & 2

73
Bob KB1CIW