[TenTec] W8KC Virutal Ten-Tec Museum

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] W8KC Virutal Ten-Tec Museum
From: w8kc@comcast.net (Paul Valko)
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 20:50:39 -0500
From: "aluscre" <aluscre@neo.rr.com>

> Anyone know if this has moved?
> W8KC's great site doesn't respond
> http://www.oakland.edu/~prvalko/tentec.htm

Hello Everyone.

Ever since I graduated from Oakland University, I have used a wonderful
alumni benefit of a "free" alumni email account and a small amount of file
space for a website.  I'm sure many of you recall my old prvalko@oakland.edu
email address, my website, several QRP-L Foxhunt websites, and the
world-famous virtual Ten*Tec Museum.

About a year and a half ago, Oakland University told all of us loyal alumni
that they were thinking about dropping that benefit.  Such a howl and cry
came about from the many alumni that had websites and were proud of our
oakland.edu addresses, that the issue was dropped.  We actually thought that
the University had come to it's senses.  It seemed to us that OU had decided
that it would not be such a great idea to upset people that actually were
HAPPY to pay alumni dues and assist the school in many other, yet less
obvious ways.

About two weeks ago, the University decided to pull the plug on all of us.
I was on vacation at the time.  The school sent out a "warning email" with
the incredible subject line, "Important Information."  Now I don't know
about anyone else, but if I see, "Important Information" in an email subject
line, I hit the DELETE key in about a nonosecond.  Can you spell, "unwanted
SPAM?"

So I return from my trip and BAMM! everything is wiped out.  No email, no
website, nothing.  Keep in mind, that email address was what I had used for
11 years for EVERYTHING, paying bills, getting news, registering domain
names - EVERYTHING, and now it's gone without so much as a trace or a
website redirection!

I am trying to pick up the pieces but I do not have any recent backup
"copies" of the files and photos that were stored on the university's
server.  I'll eventually get something up and running on another site but
for the time being there isn't much I can do.

My sincere apologies to everyone for the inconvenience.

73 =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and Other Fine Plastics
     Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at... nevermind