[TenTec] Orion Aesthetics Comment

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Aesthetics Comment
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 17:19:35 -0500
As long as the black material can be cleaned reasonably well, I'm OK with
it.

Several years ago, and during a fleeting moment when I lost my senses, I
purchased a FT-1000MP.  It was nearly impossible to keep clean since the
plastic texture was such that it not only attracted dust, but it could not
be wiped away unless a wet cloth was used.

I imagine the injection molding reduces assembly costs, but it's difficult
to beat the look of the RX-340 or Omni Six.  Hopefully, a choice of Jupiter
or Omni Six-style knobs can be substituted at the time of order.

-Paul, W9AC