[TenTec] Orion Comment ( too long)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Comment ( too long)
From: ny9h@arrl.net (Bill Steffey)
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 18:24:13 -0600
I would prefer TT trying to do something with a light grey on dark grey ,
along the lines of the omni6. That was a classic look. They may have spent
a bundle on some injection moulds for the Orion, but they still can mess
with the color.
Get some grey pellets. Thank God, they aren't stuck with the Gold parts.
I'll take silver on black, or Black on black, but hold the gold, it did go
out with pink Cadillacs.  ( unless you're the guy who ordered the Lexus
Dealer's 400$  gold label kit.)

Maybe the fuse on the back is for the phono jack aux 12 vdc..???

I hope the PBT tuning is on the outside , that it one of my top turning knobs;
then again, maybe BW would take it's place. How bout if the software let
you switch the inner & outer rings on the 9th menu level .

That font for the frequency has got to go.... my 756 (not pro) has a nice
arial type font, bolder with no serif stuff, like the dingles on the 1 & 7
on the demo pix. I believe the new 756 series provides several choices of
fonts....
  I gotta think TT has a color display awaiting for inclusion later closer
to release time. It is old tech ....too much good data can be presented by
using colors.
Certainly there is a ICOM 756 PRO II in Sevierville,   right ??????

Go to color LCD , even if the cool software has to come later  !!!
DUMP THE GOLD   THE BLACK LOOKS BETTER WHEN IT'S GRAY....
Use better machine hardware, while it increases costs , it'll make proper
fit                and finish for the NEW TEN TEC .  When I bought my TiTan
I was very                             disappointed to see all those sheet
metal screws. I know it costs more to do it ; but 3300 is ALOT more.

I CAN HERE THEM NOW ON MONDAY:
  "Damn it's difficult when the customer wants to change the scope of the
product after we finally finished it.
" a  tuner, o xxxx"""
"Maybe we can leak a pix with grey knobs and soft buttons and see what
happens...."  or grey front with same buttons ..
" we just can't make those guys ( geeks)  happy ."
" if only they knew the cost advantage the "___"s have on us"

BUT THEY KNOW WE CARE,
or is it that we have the cash ??????????????

I did buy an Intrepid once, then it was back to the AUDI family.
I buy American, unless the value, performance or fit & finish is missing.

phew........at least I feel better now.
bill