[TenTec] KB7OEX: TenTec Blinders

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] KB7OEX: TenTec Blinders
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:41:41 -0500
Hi, de Joe, aa4nn
<duffyb01@fuse.net> writes: IN PART
> Well everyone's prespective is different.  Who wants to constantly
> have to reach for the manual to learn how to operate a particular
> feature on the radio
True story.  On Pratas Island, BQ9P, March 2001, I had the Corsair II set
up for the 80m & 160m CW position where I would work propagation to the
USA.  When that passed, it was time for EU.  One of the Ops on Pratas was
Alex who wanted to work his friends in Russia.  He surprised me by taking
over the radio as I was headed for bed.  My friend, Ken, W4NZC, asked
Alex next morning if he had difficulty in operating the Corsair II with
no instruction from yours truly.  His reply was, "Incredibly simple."

As a guest op in a few USA locations, I have found myself in front of a
ricebox where I needed a crash course on how to operate the darn thing.
Too many years with the simplicity of a Ten-Tec rig.

73,
Joe, aa4nn
Mgr 4th QSL Bureau, single letter prefix
Sorter for letters "A" and "X"