[TenTec] Lightning protection

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Lightning protection
From: feutz@wctc.net (Ron Feutz)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 10:50:04 -0600
Gentlemen,

Lightning season is here.

If you want to do it right, go to this link.  I make my living as a two-way
land mobile dealer and tower operator.  We use polyphaser products
exclusively, and have had virtually no lightning damage, other than to
antennas, in 20 years.  We own 9 towers, from 180' to 480', with
approximately 50 antennas and 100 base station/repeaters.

http://www.polyphaser.com/pdf/PTD1016.pdf

Ron - WA9IRV

P.S.  Guys with tuners/twinlead.  Run properly protected coax outside to a
remote balun.  Makes it easy to protect your zepps and your equipment.  You
won''t notice the loss in the short run of coax.  Also keeps RF out of the
shack.

No connection to Polyphaser other than very satisfied customer.