[TenTec] Carl, Pmni, 756 etc

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Carl, Pmni, 756 etc
From: Carl Moreschi" <n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 21:20:57 -0000
First let me say no all DSP implementations are alike.  If DSP is done
properly, DSP is no different than any other type of filtering.   It is
just much more flexible.  The CW signals through my rx340 sound
wonderful and very pure tone.  I hear none of the problems that
Tim decsribed.  I never use my Omni V.9 anymore because the
SSB and CW sound so clear and nice in the RX340.

The design of the RX340 takes great care to never overload the
DSP processor.  The design has  an 80 DB analog AGC implementation
ahead of the DSP and 40 DB of AGC in the DSP unit itself for
a total AGC range of 120 db.  This design works wonderfully.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, North Carolina
n4py@earthlink.net