[TenTec] Lightning protection

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Lightning protection
From: feutz@wctc.net (Ron Feutz)
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 22:52:07 -0600
Hi Tom and reflectees,

W8JI wrote:

Hi Ron and all,

I have a slightly different perspective on this. While I agree the best
practice is to disconnect antennas, the real secret is in cable
routing and grounding.

That was my real intent in posting the Polyphaser link, although on
re-reading my post, it did sound a bit like a sales pitch for the
protectors. Their ham station protection manual stresses that single point
grounding and a good ground radial system, along with proper cable routing
and shielding, are the basics.

Ron - WA9IRV

multipart/alternative
  text/html