[TenTec] Orion / SO2R Definition

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion / SO2R Definition
From: geraldj@isunet.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, electrical engineer)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 10:54:53 -0600
I don't know much about the computer. I thought it was a little
successful. Art was the problem that did in the company. He ran the
company as if it was still in his garage even though it had 20,000
employees. E.g. he made most of the decisions even when he didn't have
the education or experience to make them. Art mismanaged the company,
didn't allow any one else to make decisions or to sway his much. I found
it ironic that he opened a management consulting business after he sold
out to Rockwell (for one year's gross sales). I don't think he had many
clients.

There is a move towards serial communications between processes in
networks and in large gatherings of multiprocessor systems. Likely the
best will be using fiber as there are 12 Ghz serial fiber links over the
counter now. Though that won't be fast enough for a 12 Ghz clocked
processor that seems likely in the next couple years.

73, Jerry, K0CQ
--
Entire content copyright Dr. Gerald N. Johnson. Reproduction by
permission only.