[TenTec] R1 and R2 Levels... ???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] R1 and R2 Levels... ???
From: ve3ios@servers.ca (Jeff Peacock)
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 16:03:11 -0500
RADIO EMISSION.  Emissions of the sun in radio wavelengths from centimeters
          to dekameters, under both quiet and disturbed conditions.

          Type I.  A noise storm composed of many short, narrow-band bursts
               in the metric range (300 - 50 MHz).

          Type II.  Narrow-band emission that begins in the meter range
               (300 MHz) and sweeps slowly (tens of minutes) toward deka-
               meter wavelengths (10 MHz).  Type II emissions occur in
               loose association with major FLAREs and are indicative of
               a shock wave moving through the solar atmosphere.

          Type III.  Narrow-band bursts that sweep rapidly (seconds) from
               decimeter to dekameter wavelengths (500 - 0.5 MHz).  They
               often occur in groups and are an occasional feature of
complex
               solar ACTIVE REGIONs.

          Type IV.  A smooth continuum of broad-band bursts primarily in the
               meter range (300 - 30 MHz).  These bursts are associated with
               some major flare events beginning 10 to 20 minutes after the
               flare maximum, and can last for hours.

Jeff
ve3ios