[TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion
From: k8vt@ameritech.net (Carter Grabarczyk)
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 21:02:25 -0500
Gord Hamilton ve7on wrote:

> I feel Ten-Tec is on the right track with their looks and performance goals
> but please make the radio deliver 150 watts to the antenna.  If the rig is
> only 100 watts I might buy one.  If it is 150 watts I WILL buy one.

May I ask why? My calculator shows about 1.7 db difference between 100
and 150 watts, about one quarter of an S-unit.

Driving an amplifier? My 100 watt Omni drives the TT Centurion (2 X
3-500) to full power output.

I really am puzzled by all the traffic on the reflector about that last
50 watts....?????

73/Carter/K8VT