[TenTec] Jupiter update

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter update
From: duffyb01@fuse.net (J. Duffy Beischel)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 07:26:16 -0500
Firmware is a general term referring to embedded code in a chip.  Whether you
"program" the chip, or you have to buy a preprogrammed chip and install it,
both are
usually referred to as firmware.  With the Jupiter, you can program it yourself
via a download to a PC then the PC updating the ROM.

3/21/2002 10:02:01 PM, "Travis Martin" <tmartin198@cox.net> wrote:

>You guys are all making reference to a firmware update; I thought the
>Jupiter used flash rom and could be updated with downloaded software... Is
>firmware required? How is it obtained? Do they charge for the roms or do you
>exchange them?

J. Duffy Beischel - Amateur Radio WB8NUT - http://www.wb8nut.com

Member of: ARRL, NRA, Kiwanis, Republican Party, Masons, and Shriners
and the vast Right Wing conspiracy to get the Clintons

"If the government owned all the guns, would we still be a free people?"