[TenTec] RE: Omni V Fm'ing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Omni V Fm'ing
From: MW0CDO" <gw7lhi@hotmail.com (MW0CDO)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 20:42:25 -0000
Hi Don.

Thanks for the info.

According to the schematic in the TT manual, the BFO is fed from the REG+
8.5v line. None of the other xtal oscillators appear to influence the TX
frequency at all, except the BFO... tested with the "wet finger" quick and
dirty method.

I haven't looked in the PLL compartment, as the RX frequency stability is
excellent, and cannot imagine why the problem would only show up in TX if
the PLL reference was wandering.

I am CC'ing all my responses to the list as well, just in case someone finds
this interesting.

Another query:

On my Omni, there are 2 holes just below the TX audio / BFO board where the
presets and audio in/out sockets are etc. The paintwork on the back panel
indicates that screws were once there.

Are there screws in this position on your Omni V?

I believe the screws mate with a mounting flange on the TX audio / BFO
board.

Paul MW0CDO in spring-like sunny Port Talbot.