[TenTec] Omni V Interfacing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Interfacing
From: rp.tyler@worldnet.att.net (Rick Tyler)
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 09:59:52 -0500
I've got a newly acquired Omni V and I know the computer interfacing is not
quite up to today's standards  . . . I also know that N4PY Carl's V.9
upgrades the interface to modern times . . . however, I haven't yet
performed that modification (the chips are in the mail to me right now) but
thought I'd like to get the OMNI V up and running on SOME kind of program
just to make sure the port works . . . I figured that I ought to see if
everything works okay before diving into cutting traces, etc.

There are only a couple of programs I've found that will support the OmniV:
Writelog (of which I'm a registered user, and have used it with yaesu and
Pegasus rigs) and win-eqf, of which I downloaded a trial copy just to see if
I can get the Omni V sending/receiving data . . .

So far, no luck . . . any help would be greatly appreciated.