[TenTec] Is Jupiter > Icom 746: what is "quiet"?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Is Jupiter > Icom 746: what is "quiet"?
From: ve3ios@servers.ca (Jeff Peacock)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 17:57:29 -0500
"am beginning to wonder what "quiet" is"
Thats the million dollar question. To me a quiet receiver is when there is a
signal down in the mud such as on 75 or 160 meters. Turning up the af gain
makes the floor noise the same but make the station signal  louder. Thats to
me is a  quiet receiver. The filters help but in some cases just the
quietness of the receiver is the only thing that will bring that station in.
Jeff
ve3ios