[TenTec] Guidance on Linear Amplifier Choice

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Guidance on Linear Amplifier Choice
From: Art" <rtgsdad@mchsi.com (Art)
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:25:18 -0600
John,

I had an AL-1200 and loved it (sold it to my brother) and now run an
AL-1500.  FYI, the AL-1200 is not instant on; the 3CX1200A7 is ceramic and
has about same warm-up time as the 8877...but it is full-output albeit
requiring more drive than that AL-1500.  My one concern is parasitic
suppression and tuning on higher bands, and likely I will install parasitic
chokes on the AL-1500 to kill problems with VHF oscillation (still unsure on
doing it).

do you mean the AL-82, running 3-500Zs?  I think it uses the same PS as the
others and in 10 years of Ameritrons I (for one) haven't had any problems.

73,
Art KC2G