[TenTec] Titan 425 Tune Up

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Titan 425 Tune Up
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:02:59 -0400
On Sun, 7 Apr 2002 21:43:27 -0400 wa4bhk@barnwellsc.com (Matheson,
Lawrence) writes:
>     I recently acquired a Titan 425 amp and would like some pointers
from
> some of you 425 experts on tune up procedure.  The amp is driven by an
Omni
> VI into a near 1:1 load.  What should I expect in the way of grid
current
> and plate current readings for 1200 to 1500 watts out?  Should the amp
be
> initially tuned up in the low voltage position and then switched to
high
> voltage or should it be tuned in the high voltage position initially?
>     Thanks,

Always have your amp in the high voltage position.  For the band you are
on, check the TT manual for the approximate settings for the Load and
Tune controls.  Apply a small amount of power from your Omni VI and
adjust Load and Tune.  As you increase drive, keep grid current well
below 80 ma. while keeping an eye on the output power reading.  When you
get to 1500 watts output, make a note of Load and Tune settings.  Do this
for all bands and make yourself a chart of Load/Tune settings so you'll
know where to set the controls when you change bands.

73, Joe, aa4nn
Mgr 4th QSL Bureau, single letter prefix
Sorter for letters "A", "H" and "X"