[TenTec] JUPITER FIRMWARE 1.17 TX Roll-off

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] JUPITER FIRMWARE 1.17 TX Roll-off
From: mandolinist@interlync.com (Gary Smith)
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 22:15:53 -0500
> Now, try this combination!
> Example 2:
> Set the Low end Roll-Off to 50hz
> Select the 3.0 kHz TX Filter
> Total width of TX signal =3.050 kHz
> You are now covering the range of 50 HZ to 3,050 HZ.
> Connect a studio quality mic, Marshall 2001, 2003, EV-RE20, etc, along with
> the appropriate support equipment, and WOW!!! WHOAAAAA BABY!!!!!!!!!
> Smooth balanced near "broadcast quality" audio not possible with settings in
> the previous example.
> Good TX audio is a function of balance occurring within the proper
> parameters.

Ah, you're bridging on my next adventure...

One of my two hats is I'm a recording musician. I've got several interesting
mic's to
play with & one's a vintage Neumann U87 studio mic, another is a Neumann KM64,
a KM84 & a new TLM-103. All wonderful mics with varying characteristics.

I use a Mackie VLZ Pro mixer & Mackie HR824 self powered monitors.

My home studio is in the ham shack & I already use the mixer & monitors with
the
Corsair II. Since the Mixer provides phantom power, I'm going to set up a foot
switch
& see how I get for signal reports from my Dad (who will be blatantly honest
with
me). If it works well, some of my recording software has live feed through
plugins
with real time features such as parametric equalizing, noise reduction (remove
constant background sound like fan noise) and compression.

It'll be a hoot to see if this pricey stuff actually makes a difference in a
3khz signal on
the ham bands.

Granted it's a far cry from my first & true love of CW but I may as well as put
these
gems to work.

I'll keep you posted,

Gary