[TenTec] ARRL reviews

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] ARRL reviews
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 07:41:21 -0400
> Your thoughtless negative criticism goes a long way towards
> explaining why so many hams have chosen to remain inactive,
> why so many ham gear manufacturers have abandoned their
> best efforts to market state of the art gear to the amateur
> radio community, why so many ham radio magazines we once
> enjoyed (and so many fine writers who prolifically wrote for
> these publications) have largely abandoned publication, and
> why ham dealers throughout the country have been forced to
> close their doors forever in bankruptcy.

Speaking as someone who designs products, complaints are the
single most important mechanism in learning what people actually
desire and finding actual design problems.

Without complaints about panel colors, noise, size, weight,
features (etc) the products available would be what the designer
likes...and not what the market actually desires.

The real reason manufacturers go bankrupt is they DON'T listen to
the market. The real reason there are less hams is because it is a
social change. None of it is the fault of open discussions and
feedback of any type.
73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com