[TenTec] OMNI VI Transmit IMD [6+]

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI Transmit IMD [6+]
From: w5yr@att.net (George, W5YR)
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:44:14 -0500
Mike, I guess it is no excuse to those who prefer to operate most of the
time, but as a retired engineer, I have a great deal of curiosity about the
equipment that I use. So I devise tests using my relatively modest lab
equipment to get a better feeling for what I am using. I didn't design it
or build it, but at least I can try to understand how it works and to
measure what it is capable of doing. None of that prevents me from
operating a fair amount with a comfortable degree of success.

Some folks like to design and build - some folks like to operate and could
care less about the gear as long as it "talks" - and some of us are
interested in the how, why and what that is in the box.

And, we are also usually the ones that answer the questions that arise
about various radios and problems . . .

Each to his own, my friend!  <:}

And, Clark, ham radio *is* a 12-step program!   <:}

73/72/oo, George W5YR - the Yellow Rose of Texas
Fairview, TX 30 mi NE of Dallas in Collin county EM13qe
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 56th year and it just keeps getting better!
QRP-L 1373 NETXQRP 6 SOC 262 COG 8 FPQRP 404 TEN-X 11771 I-LINK 11735
Icom IC-756PRO #02121  Kachina 505 DSP  #91900556  Icom IC-765 #02437