[TenTec] Save the Memories!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Save the Memories!
From: bames@aob.com (Bill Ames)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 09:06:48 -0400
I think I see the problem for TT when we ask for the ability to save and
restore the content of the Jupiter memories. If that feature was considered,
one could make a very strong case for providing a small GUI (Graphical User
Interface) based application to perform this task and, most important,
manage and change the memory contents.

To do such software development is most likely beyond the skill set of the
talented programmers who make the guts of the Jupiter work. TT would have to
hire a GUI programmer and that could be very expensive, here in Connecticut
they can get 100K or more /year.

Now, if someone would offer to do this utility "gratis" then the only other
problem I could see would be a failure to incorporate the ability to access
(read/write) the memory space in the Jupiter. Since to do this would have
been very short sighted and not something TT would have permitted, the
access must be there. So, will someone please step up and offer their
services to TT, at a price they can't refuse and then we will get this
feature!

Bill Ames
KB1LG