[TenTec] My Jupiter Problem (Surplus Breaker)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My Jupiter Problem (Surplus Breaker)
From: n4py@earthlink.net (Carl Moreschi)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 01:07:33 -0000
I have a 20 amp breaker and I installed it so that it is only on the line
that powers the final transistor board.  There is a large diameter red
wire that powers the final board.  I cut this wire and soldered in the
20 amp breaker at this point.  This means the breaker only sees the
current going to the finals, and not the current to power the receiver.
At this location, a 20 amp breaker is fine.  Another nice effect of
putting the breaker at this point is if it ever trips, the pegasus (or
Jupiter)
stays powered up and doesn't lose any settings.  Also the microprocessor
doesn't get abruptly powered off which could happen at a bad moment.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
Franklinton, NC