[TenTec] 6N2 Audio Level Question & Rant and Rave

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 6N2 Audio Level Question & Rant and Rave
From: Lynn Stolz" <lstolz@columbus.rr.com (Lynn Stolz)
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 17:08:28 -0400
Hello all,

I have a question about the level of audio coming from my 526 6N2 , (yeah,
kind of a novel concept considering the email threads of late).  I have to
advance the audio gain to the 12 o'clock position before I get decent volume
while listening on 2M FM.  Anyone out there have a 526 who can compare?

Thanks,

Lynn, N8AJ

BTW:  Amateur Extra since 1969 when I was a senior in high
school.---young-17, dumb-C+ H.S. grade average--- had to be a General or
above for two years before being eligible to sit for the exam.  Tested in
front of a bonafide FCC employee/examiner in a room with tile floors,
painted walls and hard wooden furniture---bad acoustics. Anything from
breaking wind to flunking the CW sending test would send you packing---and
you'd have to wait at least 30 days before you could try again.....

One Day Extra?  Hell, let em have it.  You can't take your radio frequencies
and radios with you when you die.