[TenTec] Balanced vs. unbalanced mic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Balanced vs. unbalanced mic
From: jhurry@austin.rr.com (Dudley Hurry)
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:21:29 -0500
Mark,

Let me make a suggestion, Use a GOOD quality commercial audio cable with a
shield..  Since TenTec uses a floating audio (audio hot and ground are above
ground) connect the white to audio hot, black to audio ground, and ground
the sheild at the radio end ONLY..   Leave the sheild open at the mike end.
This should work, with no RF or added noise..  Works for me..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ
jhurry@austin.rr.com