[TenTec] Jupiter taking a beating?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter taking a beating?
From: ve3ios@servers.ca (Jeff Peacock)
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 07:17:38 -0400
Brian I read those reviews fairly often. I have had my Jupiter almost two
months now and the complaints I read in the reviews makes me wonder if these
guys know radio at all regardless of the  rig. Some are petty like you
mentioned and others like the the low reception on the high bands I just
can't figure. I have to increase my AF gain on 10 and 15 but my reception is
awesome.
I recently lost my antenna in a wind storm and put up a Cushcraft A3S. Go
read the reviews on that antenna. It's enough to never buy one again. Mine
works perfect and went together no problem. Worked P5 North Korea and VK9
Mellish Reef as my first two contacts on 15 with the Jupiter and the A3S.
I think for the price of the Jupiter it is exactly what you get.
Jeff
ve3ios