[TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Would like Corsair II comments
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 03:01:07 -0700 (PDT)
I don't find the Corsair's rf/if chain noisey.
However there's quite a handful of op-amps between the
product detector and LM383 audio amp that sure don't
help.  That's why I amplify the audio externally.

K0CQ said that the "AGC is very good"
With all due respect Jerry, I have to say this is the
first time I've ever heard the Corsair's AGC been so
favorably characterized  ;-)  I would have interjected
a "not" before your "very"

"more calm on a good antenna with the RF gain backed
off."
Yes, the rf gain needs to be backed off to tame the
unruly "hang" action.  I don't notice a problem with
the attack time, it's the AGC hang/decay time and the
suddenness (on/off) of the gain transitions.

But don't get me wrong - I also love the Corsair.
I've learned to live with the AGC faults.

73,
Barry  N1EU