[TenTec] 509 problem, please help?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 509 problem, please help?
From: ke4vpn@yahoo.com (Ronnie Davis)
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:54:52 -0700 (PDT)
Hello
I have a 509 that has all the sudden developed a putt
putt motor boat sound? Nothing at all is coming out
for audio except this straight putt putt sound. I
shipped the radio in very good condition but when the
buyer got it, it was making this noise, I guess
something happened in shipment. I have checked the ps
and even used it on a battery and nothing changes the
noise. I have used different cables and still nothing?
When changing the mode switch the sound changes freq
but it is still there. Please anyone give me some
help.
Thanks
Ronnie