[TenTec] Tentec 253 Tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec 253 Tuner
From: n4dd@preferred.com (Dennis Brickey)
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 12:23:13 -0400
I have two Tentec 253 Auto Tuners.  I've never run into a load that they
wouldn't
match.  I think they are super tuners. I use them with a pair of Omni VI
stations
and a Pair of Centurions.  The tuners appear to handle power well.  I have
experienced no arcing or inconsistencies.  I understand that there is a
limited
tuning life due to limitations in a chip, but I don't have all the
particulars about that
situation.    The only real complaint comes from the XYL at 3:00 AM when I
engage the tuner for a band change.  I understand that the chip is available
and
replaceable.  They chatter and clang quite audibly.  These tuners are quite
difficult
to locate.  Owners usually don't part with them easily.  It's like a
favorite pet.  It's owner friendly and hard to replace.

 I have contemplated selling both of these because I have become so consumed
by schoolwork.  I have become so inactive of late that I have  further
considered selling out completely.  They just sit on the desk accumulating
dust.
I Just can't make up my mind.

Anyone who finds a 253 tuner available should jump on it.  They retain their
value.

Just my two cents worth.

Thanks for the bandwidth!

Dennis Brickey N4DD