[TenTec] Orion at Dayton ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion at Dayton ?
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 22:03:17 -0400
Well I saw the Orion. It's black with chrome trim on the main knobs that
stand out like cheap jewelry, monochrome display and the usual TT S meter.
Personally, I think I would  make the black a bit flatter, dim down the
chrome, maybe pewter, do something about the meter and make that huge ORION
sign a little smaller so it doesn't stand out like a marquee.
They were passing out free copies of "Ten-Tec Times" which is a small
newspaper and gives detailed descriptions of how the Orion's dsp works etc.
This looks like good reading for anyone interested in the rig.
I also got a close look at the new 238A tuner. This is huge improvement of
the old version. It's got a real turns counter and the coil is a real
beauty.

Steve Ellington N4LQ.