[TenTec] Re: ClearScreech....pshaw

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: ClearScreech....pshaw
From: n4lq@iglou.com (n4lq@iglou.com)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 09:42:33 -0400
Yea, I walked up to the ClearScreech salesman and asked what his speaker
would do for cw. His reply "It filters out cw". Just what a cw man needs,
a speaker that filters out cw! And yes, you're right, the K2 is about the
ugliest little thing I ever saw. Especially that S meter with it's 5 or 6
green squares that light up and the rinkey little tuning knob. Changing
options from the front panel requires the destruction book. I used one
for a few days at home and wasn't really that impressed. It didn't sound
anything like an Omni C or Triton IV.