[TenTec] 307 speaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 307 speaker
From: mikegc@pacifier.com (Michael G. Coogan)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:08:30 -0700
Ordered a 307 speaker today from Scott Robbins. In the conversation I
mentioned all the hoopla on the reflector about the Orion display color. He
stated a color display would raise the price considerably, not just the
cost of the display itself but in total with the associated parts etc to
make it all happen. I for one will be just fine with the monochrome
display. I love the similar display on a Icom 706 and absolutely dislike
the color display of the 756 pro.

As for the speaker, ordered the gray to match my 238 tuner and Herc II amp.
I don't think the Orion will be offended sitting next to a gray speaker. I
am more concerned about  Orion performance issues.

Mike Coogan      W7MGC