[TenTec] QSK Amp with Corsair

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QSK Amp with Corsair
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 09:41:03 -0700 (PDT)
I notice that there is enough delay in the accessory
T/R relay of the Corsair ("EXT T/R" jack) such that an
external amplifier is not keyed for the first cw
element transmitted.  The relay delay control R10 on
the control board only has an effect on the relay's
release time.

I was wondering if anyone has gotten around this
limitation?  Looking at the Control Board schematic,
it seems that a modern amplifier could be keyed
directly off Q10, an MPS6514 (Icc 100ma), instead of
the EXT T/R relay that Q10 drives.

Appreciate any comments.  This is the first time I've
used my Corsair on cw with an external amplifier.

Tnx/73,
Barry  N1EU