[TenTec] any real live reports yet?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] any real live reports yet?
From: Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman@spacetech.com (Gary Hoffman)
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 20:13:35 -0400
Well... here is my two cents worth.

I don't want a built-in antenna tuner.  I want the flexibility to use
tuners of my own devising, or tuners I buy from others, or no tuner at
all.  So for me, an internal tuner is a waste of money and valuable space.

Likewise, I don't care to have a colored screen.  I prefer high resolution
monochrome.  I also want a simple, clean display, with minimum clutter.
I don't want so much clutter on the screen such that only color will serve
to separate it all out.

Finally, a well-designed solid state rig requires no cooling fan.  And, fans
are noisy and they fail.  I assume an optional fan is for those who either
operate in a very hostile ambient environment, or else consistently run
full power in the 100 % duty cycle modes.

I want receiver, receiver, receiver !   Don't care a damn about the
transmitter.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ