[TenTec] Omni V.9 question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V.9 question
From: k7gt@attbi.com (k7gt@attbi.com)
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2002 15:51:48 +0000
Gentlemen of the reflector:

I have seen posts go by for some time regarding the
third-party upgrade to the OmniV called the OmniV.9.
I had always ignored them as I have a very nice OmniVI/
option 3 for my main rig. But... recently, I have found
an OmniV in superb condition at a reasonable price and
will be purchasing it to be used for a 2nd radio in a
SO2R station, it does not need the entire package
(whatever that is??!). Thus my question: can a mod be
made to the OmniV to simply add RS232 interface
equivalent to the OmniVI or IC751A? Having computer
control of frequency and mode would be sufficient for me.
Where might I find information on the V.9 mod? (I will
try a google search and see if that produces anything.)

73  Allan  K7GT

--
Allan  K7GT

Pleasanton CA