[TenTec] jupiter bashing

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] jupiter bashing
From: jmalloy@stny.rr.com (Joe Malloy)
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 09:18:53 -0400
Hello all:

Well, look at it this way: at least Americans aren't so closed-minded
vis-a-vis foreign made goods that they won't bash a well-made American
product!

I must admit, however, I don't particularly understand what motivates such
people - and there are similar people who bash the Yaecomwoods, too.  I
mean, some radios are meant for beginners, some for the average ham, and yet
others for those who enjoy the best there is.  In each category there are
the good, the bad and the not-so-beautiful.  And some radios I just don't
"grok" -- the non-grokkable radios, for me, I don't share my opinion about,
for I may not have gotten the idea behind them.  Similarly, I suspect
ex-KA9KKP doesn't "get" the Ten-Tec philosophy, which, at least in part,
holds that things should be sized to the user's hand, that performance
counts more than looks, and that backing up the radio with world-class
service (in repair, sales and advice) really make a difference.

Be that as it may, I like my Jupiter.  I readily admit its flaws and extol
its virtues and am delighted that it does so much so well for the money.
And you can't expect more from a purchase than that!

- Joe