[TenTec] Orion

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion
From: k9ot@mhtc.net (Paul DeWitte K9OT)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:33:19 -0500
Since I dont think I will ever have enough money to buy a new Orion, maybe
one of you guys that just cant wait to get your hands on one will find out
that the black plastic case and the Very cheap tuning knobs and the almost
unreadable mono display attenuates the signals so bad you might want to get
rid of it for half price or less. I would be willing to bet it would work
just fine hooked up to my antennas. They are color blind and dont care what
kind of display the rig has, or if it is in a case at all. Just kidding. I
am as anxious as the rest of you to actually hear one on the air and any
feedback from the people operating it. I would guess that Scott will be
using one in a contest soon and I hope he can leak out a little information
on its performance. 73 Paul K9OT