[TenTec] Argonaut V

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Argonaut V
From: aluscre@neo.rr.com (aluscre)
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 22:10:37 -0400
I asked this same question at the Ten Tec both in Dayton and was given
two different answers.
I then had a follow up e-mail from Gary Barbour, AC4DL a Ten Tec VP
(Digital/DSP Engineering).
He said there would be a computer interface ability and asked what type
of things users would would want to do with this port.

What follows was my answer, please e-mail him if you have other
suggestions or would to like to re-enforce any of my suggestions
gbarbour@tentec.com--

My biggest use is for logging. It's a real must in contests and great
for everyday qso's.
I currently use LOGic VI by PDA
http://www.hosenose.com/radio/default.asp.
The software can also take a DX spot from DX Cluster and automatically
change radio's frequency to DX station's frequency.

So minimum requirements from radio:
1. Ability to send frequency and mode to computer interface
2. Ability to change radio frequency and mode from computer interface

Other features that would be good to have:
1. Ability to manage radio memories from computer
2. Ability to set-up scanning parameters from computer
3. Ability to key radio via computer (CW)
4. Ability to control push to talk as computer sound card acts as voice
keyer.