[TenTec] Bulb replacement in Model 238 Tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Bulb replacement in Model 238 Tuner
From: N4NT@chartertn.net (Mike Hyder -N4NT-)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 06:36:20 -0400
(In a factory mod for the Omni-C, Ten-Tec suggested replacing the #47
lamp/180 ohm series resistor with the 1892 lamp and 10 ohm series resistor.)
I tried 100 ohm and found the lamp much too dim.  A 27 or 33 ohm resistor
worked well for me.  I used a 1 watt resistor but a half watt resistor has
plenty of dissipation for this circuit.

73, Mike N4NT