[TenTec] Hotrodding the TT 1340??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hotrodding the TT 1340??
From: k7gt@attbi.com (k7gt@attbi.com)
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 16:33:37 +0000
With the current sale on for TT QRP xcvr kits, I am
wondering if anyone has done some hotrodding on them.
The price of $83 is very interesting.

I know that AB7MY has souped up the SW40 and NC40A
xcvrs to over 5W with some judicious alterations to the
PA output networks and other such mods. But I have not
heard much regarding the TT QRP rigs. The same techniques
could surely be used, but I wonder if this wheel
has already been invented!

Also I wonder about frequency stability of the TT
QRP rigs (1340 in particular) in hardcore field use--
backpacking, etc.

73  GT

--
Allan  K7GT