[TenTec] Re: Oopsie

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Oopsie
From: wn3vaw@fyi.net (Ron Notarius WN3VAW)
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 22:00:10 -0400
I've received a number of private emails today taking me to task over my
post yesterday (below).  It appears that the "reviews" in question are no
longer available on the eHam site... which, of course, leads some to believe
either I was mistaken or making the whole thing up.  I've had two people
demand I apologize to NA4M, the Product Reviews Manager, for implying that
he did something wrong.

 *sigh*

That's what I get for trying not to bite the hand that feeds us... since
this reflector is part of contesting.com, which is the sister site of
eham.net.  But since I'm getting blasted for it anyway, just to set the
record straight:

The "reviews" in question were posted by eHam Co-Founder Bill Fisher W4AN.
They were about Ham Radio Insurance Associates, Inc., in Cannonsburg PA,
which is owned & operated by Bill Hill W3WH.  And the content of both
reviews explicitly stated that Mr. Fisher did not use HRIA Insurance & that
they had nothing to do with the product itself, but he alleged that HRIA
owed him $300 for an eHam advertising bill & that Mr. Hill had yet to pay
it.

I also know what Mr. Hill's response is, but since it was told to me
privately, it would be inappropriate to repeat it.  However, the fact that
the "reviews" disappeared sometime today, well, that should speak for
itself.

Needless, I am disappointed that W4AN used eHam to attempt embarrass a close
friend of mine by airing his dirty laundry over an Accounts Receivable
issue.  I feel that W4AN owes W3WH a public apology, which I suspect he's
not going to receive (why else would the reviews simply disappear?  Reviews?
What reviews?).  And most importantly, this demonstrates a lack of
credibility in any of the reviews in the manner in which this was handled.
I won't belabor the obvious on this.

Finally, knowing how this reflector tends to work, I expect that 4 or 5
people at least will now forward this email to W4AN, and I will shortly
thereafter be kicked off the reflector in response.  So, it was nice knowing
you.

73, ron wn3vaw

"And they give you cash,
which is just as good as money!"