[TenTec] Pegasus or Jupiter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus or Jupiter
From: jhurry@austin.rr.com (Dudley Hurry)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 17:43:40 -0500
Bob,

The main thing that I can think of is resale value.  Many hams still do not
own a computer, or never will hook one to a radio.

There are times that I just don't want to turn on the computer just to
listen to my radio, and my choice is turn on my ICOM Pro, turn on the
computer and the Jupiter, or just the Jupiter by itself.   I like to listen
to the Jupiter rather than the PRO.   And besides it's like having two
radios rather than just one.  The Jupiter's personallity seems to change
when running on N4PY's software (much more refined)

I personally think the Jupiter gives more than enough options to offset the
$300 additional, you should be able to get it back just in resale, it makes
a great portable rig, I have even heard one mobile..

But that is my option,

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ