[TenTec] Jupiter vs Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter vs Pegasus
From: mark@microenh.com (Mark Erbaugh)
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:44:53 -0400
After using a Pegasus for almost two years, I have my first opportunity =
to play with a Jupiter. A friend brought his Jupiter over to my house to =
have me update the firmware ( he does my plumbing, I'm his computer guy =
). Fortunately, he had to leave before I could get everything set up, so =
I'll have the Jupiter till he comes back next week to do some plumbing.

I know that with the N4PY software, it is possible to get the Pegasus to =
transmit out of band. As I expected, this software will also allow the =
Jupiter to transmit out of band. However, it looks like there is no way =
to do this from the Jupiter front panel. Given TT's recent ads on flash =
updates for 60m, I suspect that out of band Tx is not possible from the =
front panel.

I also noticed that the Jupiter has a High Boost feature (sort of like a =
tone control). Is this unique to the Jupiter as opposed the Pegasus? Is =
there a way to control this from the computer interface.

Are there any other features on the Jupiter not on the Pegasus (other =
than the front panel).

73,
Mark

multipart/alternative