[TenTec] T T users net

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T T users net
From: ve7asr@telus.net (Rick Williams)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:31:58 -0700
Will - thanks for all your efforts over the last 4 years.  The net has been
a lot of fun and a great help.  You and Jay have held it together as both
net controllers and glue!

It's not easy to make a commitment to be there every Sunday
afternoon/evening but I for one really enjoyed "meeting" you both. I've been
a net control on HF nets on and off over the years and I'm well aware of the
difficulties involved in balancing family, job and other priorities.

The net provides help to TT owners plus conversation - yes it's nice to hear
the voice that goes with that reflector email address!  Perhaps a "net
manager" function is worth considering. The manager could then coordinate a
group of individuals to act periodically (perhaps once/month) as net
control.  Unfortunately, without adequate support from net participants the
net manager becomes the weekly net control and burn-out quickly follows.

Best of luck to you Will and enjoy the break from the weekly net.  And
Jay -- I know you read the reflector -- take care of yourself as well!
Let's keep in touch and, hopefully, the net will continue as someone else
takes the reins!

73,
Rick
VE7ASR