[TenTec] Re: Titan III Color

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Titan III Color
From: tds59@voyager.net (Thom)
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:28:19 -0400
OK, this thread leads to a wacky idea Ten Tec OUGHT to consider....

Obviously, TT has a paint-aware person (read: person who does car body work
on the side) either in their employ OR know of one nearby (come on folks,
this *is* Tennessee, where cars are one of the basic redneck food groups -
the others being liquor, trailers, fishing gear, loaded guns, satellite
dishes and shop tools)....

For an additional $200 (or whatever custom rate the painter wants to
charge), your rig can have a nice airbrushed color(s) and/or image on it (I
know of at least 25 Playboy Playmates and/or three Harley Davidsons that
come to mind in my case) to get me over the mere black tones of the Orion.
Don't laugh:  You'd be surprised how easy it is to airbrush a computer tower
case, should be no problem with the top of an Orion...

I can just see it all now....(dream mode)

(giving tour of shack to fellow ham) "Yesss, the rig has the picture of
former centerfold Bridget Rollins from 1977, the power supply is in a
gorgeous fire red reminding me to turn it off when I'm done, the banana
yellow box is the 238 Antenna Tuner and the amp is in electric blue with
matching neon bulb trim....you ought to see it when I use it, the State
Police may have outlawed them on the bottoms of cars in this area but it is
*soooo* inspiring here when the DX comes on...."

The possibilities are endless, the profits are there for the taking....
Anyone wanna start hassling S.R. with this idea?

Thom  N8DXR