[TenTec] Omni 6 to QRP

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 to QRP
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:02:24 -0400
I can get my Omni Six down to less than 1-watt, so I'm not sure why yours would
be different.  The Omni V required a resistor change
on an op-amp to reduce the minimum output power to less than ten watts.

You may want to validate the components in the power control circuit by
checking them against the Omni six schematic.  Also be aware
that the lower range of the Omni's meter is not very accurate.  When the Omni's
meter reads 5-watts, I measure 0.75 watts on my Bird
43.

-Paul, W9AC